The CalFresh Program known as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) provides nutrition assisSNAP California's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) logotance to people with low income. This program allows you to purchase fresh foods at grocery stores and even Farmers Markets through the use of an EBT debit card. You can apply for a household, or for a single individual. This assistance can help add to your food budget to buy nutritious foods for a better diet.

The Southern Humboldt Community Park office provides CalFresh eligibility determination application assistance.

To find out more about eligibility or sign-up call or visit the Park office.

(707) 923-2928

1144 Sprowel Creek Road, Garberville, Ca 95542

(Directions to the Park)


CalFresh Brochure

CalFresh Senior Brochure

Humboldt County Department of Health and Human Services logoFor more information about healthy living and nutrition assistance, you can contact the Department of Health and Human Resources for CalFresh information.

Garberville DHHS Office

727 Cedar Street, Garberville, Ca 95542
(707) 923-2779

Eureka DHHS Office

929 Koster Street, Eureka, Ca 95501
(707) 269-3590

Or visit for online applications and assistance.

Local Resources and Organizations

Those interested in benefiting from these opportunities at the Southern Humboldt Community Park may contact our office at (707) 923-2928 or speak with one of our community partners listed below:

Southern Humboldt Family Resource Center (707) 923-1147

Healy Senior Center (707) 923-2399

Community Cornerstone Inc. (707) 923-9248

Wish Women’s Shelter (707) 923-4100

Garberville Presbyterian Church Food Bank (707) 923-3295 (church)